Designed for the extreme requirements of the healthcare industry, the RKN e1 container maintains product temperatures in the +2 to +8°C range, in the controlled room temperature (+15 to +25 °C) range or at any chosen set temperature within the operating range of ±0 to +20°C. The RKN e1 is a certified air cargo ULD (Unit Load Device), ensuring seamless handling throughout the supply chain worldwide. The unit can be carried on board the most common long-haul aircraft types.
Key features for consistent temperature-control:
● Insulated container shell
● Electric heating and compressor cooling
● One energy source. Rechargeable batteries* that can be recharged at standard AC power connection points
● Air circulated by the heating/cooling unit is close to the set temperature
● Enhanced air circulation inside the container ensures a low temperature gradient within the cargo space
● Convenient and simple loading for an optimized load thanks to the use of wide doors and spacers on the inside walls
● An easy-to-use control unit allowing simple operation of the container
● Data logging functionality
● Fully redundant charging, cooling and heating system
*The batteries in our containers are Nickel Metal Hydride type (Ni-MH). NI-MH batteries are qualified and certified for air transportation.
● Autonomy running on batteries >100 h in a typical shipment scenario (dependent on ambient temperature exposure)
● Autonomy running on batteries minimum 30 h at extreme conditions
● Product set temperature range between ±0 to +20°C (ideal performance at set temperature +5°C)
● Maintains product temperature from +2°C to +8°C at container set temperature +5°C
● Batteries charged (from 0 to 100%) in 8 h
Envirotainer is an open-platform service provider – our products are made available worldwide through a range of partners in the airline and forwarding industry. Contact your service provider or contact Envirotainer directly to test the RKN e1 container.